Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Springboard Bootloop

Hello.

I have a 8th generation iPad with 32gb and recently ive been facing problems.

I'm on iOS 15.2 (latest) and every time I click my home button after 30 minutes+ of use, it goes onto a black screen with a bootloop. After, It will go back onto the lock screen and repeat this cycle for 3 or more times and I would have to put it down for 5 minutes to fix it.

Should I take it into Apple, Or is this a software issue?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 11:48 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 15, 2022 10:12 AM in response to amel129

Well... Found this today from Malwarebytes... which of course is only speculation.... but cannot find anything here about this threat:

Just learned there may be a malware which interrupts Shutdown on iOS.. it interupts the InCallService > SpringBoard > Backboardd. It simulates the shutdown/turn off of the iPhone but still has 'access' to microphone, cameras, etc. According to the website 'malwarebytes', this is what was potentially found: researchers from ZecOps have created a new proof-of-concept (PoC) iPhone Trojan capable of doing “fun” things. Not only can it fake a device shutting down, it can also let attackers snoop via the device’s built-in microphone and camera, and receive potentially sensitive data due to it still being connected to a live network connection.

No info can be found here regarding this "potential "threat.

I am sure there is really no problem...

Springboard Bootloop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.