Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it true Beats Headphones shuts down in cold weather?

Is it true Beats Headphones shuts down in cold weather (0 degress and less) ?

If so why this is not described in specs ?

Here is cold weather and we cannot use our 3 Beats phones during walk.

It constantly disconnects from bluetooth and shuts down.

Thx

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 8:00 PM

Cold weather drains the batteries of any device.

Here is Apple's advice about the iPhone:

Use iOS and iPadOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35ºC (32º to 95ºF)

If your device gets too cold

Using an iOS or iPadOS device in very cold conditions outside its operating range may temporarily shorten battery life and could cause your device to turn off. Battery life will return to normal when you bring your device back to higher ambient temperatures.

Your iOS or iPadOS device may not charge or could stop charging if it gets too cold.

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold – Apple Support (UK)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 8:00 PM in response to mapmusic

Cold weather drains the batteries of any device.

Here is Apple's advice about the iPhone:

Use iOS and iPadOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35ºC (32º to 95ºF)

If your device gets too cold

Using an iOS or iPadOS device in very cold conditions outside its operating range may temporarily shorten battery life and could cause your device to turn off. Battery life will return to normal when you bring your device back to higher ambient temperatures.

Your iOS or iPadOS device may not charge or could stop charging if it gets too cold.

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold – Apple Support (UK)

Jan 17, 2022 7:46 PM in response to mapmusic

I would check the fine print, really small print. My Powerbeats has an operating temperature claim of 0 F to maybe 100, I don't have the exact max temp. With a full charge, I have had them stop working almost immediately about a dozen times at the low end, say between 0 and 15. I would usually wear a hat with those temps. I think it is unacceptable, because they obviously do not operate or not operate well at the low end temperature range. I always make sure they are fully charged when using them in cold weather.

Jan 18, 2022 11:31 AM in response to Johnathan Burger

Powerbeats are not Airpods. If 32 degrees was the low end, that would preclude use for much of the northern US and Canada in the winter months. Not acceptable.

I expect the charge to be diminished under cold conditions, much like an electric car - say 30 to 40% less. I do expect them to operate with the manufacture's specifications, which is 0 degrees F.

Is it true Beats Headphones shuts down in cold weather?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.