Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computer still thinks App (game) is on computer and is incorrectly displaying internal storage

Hi fellow humans (and cyborgs)

Ages ago I downloaded Tomb Raider from Steam onto my computer to play it.

But its 11GB and I dont use it.

So I deleted it, But i dont think i deleted it in the right way. And now my computer (a Mac Book Pro 2015)

still seems to think it exists on the computer.

Is there anyway of telling it "no no no, i deleted this, please recognise that it's not there anymore"

Thank you

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 2:19 PM

WarmToucan Said:

"Computer still thinks App (game) is on computer and is incorrectly displaying internal storage: Is there anyway of telling it 'no no no, i deleted this, please recognise that it's not there anymore'"

-------

Uninstall it with an Uninstaller:

Contact the Developer, asking them the proper way to uninstall this. Sometimes, using an uninstaller is the way to go about this. Elsewise, you may end up with file (i.e. caches) laying about your Mac. Two examples of such software that requires an uninstaller are Microsoft Office, and various Security Software. So, you'd reinstall it in full, and then uninstall it with the uninstaller.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2021 2:19 PM in response to WarmToucan

WarmToucan Said:

"Computer still thinks App (game) is on computer and is incorrectly displaying internal storage: Is there anyway of telling it 'no no no, i deleted this, please recognise that it's not there anymore'"

-------

Uninstall it with an Uninstaller:

Contact the Developer, asking them the proper way to uninstall this. Sometimes, using an uninstaller is the way to go about this. Elsewise, you may end up with file (i.e. caches) laying about your Mac. Two examples of such software that requires an uninstaller are Microsoft Office, and various Security Software. So, you'd reinstall it in full, and then uninstall it with the uninstaller.

Computer still thinks App (game) is on computer and is incorrectly displaying internal storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.