Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird Apple tv audio issue

This is a weird one … I’m doubtful anyone else has encountered it, but here goes …

My AppleTV HD (15.2) is connected to a Vizio TV; it is the only source.

I noticed that there was audio only from two streaming apps: YouTubeTV and Apple Music.

No audio whatsoever from any other app. What’s more, switching from either of those two audio apps to another caused the audio to stop on both YouTubeTV and Music.

The only cure is to reboot the TV; this yields sound again, but only on those 2 apps.

I have reset the AppleTV … swapped HDMI cables … and spoken with Apple tech support. I currently have an appointment to have the the box checked out. Then I decided to swap in a similar model AppleTV, and had the same problem.

Until my appointment comes I decided to call Vizio. They suggested trying some of the built-in apps. The result: audio from every app I tried.

Weird! But right now I’m thinking this might be some kind of incompatibility between the AppleTVs and the Vizio. Thoughts?

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 2:14 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Dec 22, 2021 3:20 PM in response to Geoffrey Parker

Please follow these steps in order:

·      Unplug Modem from it’s power source for 2-3 minutes and then plug it back in.

·      Unplug Router from it’s power source for 2-3 minutes and then plug it back in.

·      Unplug Apple TV from it’s power source for 2-3 minutes and then plug it back in and retest the system.

Weird Apple tv audio issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.