Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my IPhone using location of a different IPhone device

The My location in the Find my iPhone setting keeps changing to my wife’s iPhone. When I change it to use my device, my wife’s Find my iPhone setting changes automatically to my iPhone. And when she changes her setting to use her device, my setting changes automatically to my wife’s device. And it keeps going on. Does anyone know how I stop this happening?

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 2:39 PM

That is correct. What you describe is happening because you and your wife must be using the same Apple ID on both of your iPhones. When you have different iPhones for different people,, then separate Apple IDs should be used. Both of you are probably getting each others’ text messages and are also sharing each others’ contacts. If this is what both of want, then you will have to deal with nuances that come along with sharing an Apple ID.

My recommendation is that both of use separate Apple IDs and use Family Sharing.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2021 2:39 PM in response to Faidoo1

That is correct. What you describe is happening because you and your wife must be using the same Apple ID on both of your iPhones. When you have different iPhones for different people,, then separate Apple IDs should be used. Both of you are probably getting each others’ text messages and are also sharing each others’ contacts. If this is what both of want, then you will have to deal with nuances that come along with sharing an Apple ID.

My recommendation is that both of use separate Apple IDs and use Family Sharing.

Axel F.

Find my IPhone using location of a different IPhone device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.