Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"My Location" setting in Find my Iphone keeps changing

I have five phones on my icloud account and verizon plan. All running current v of ios (15.x). I set the "My Location" to "This Device" in the Find my Iphone settings, and then it will end up changing to another user/phone in our family. Searched forums, etc but no avail. Any explanation or fix to this issue? problem is, it switches to my daughters phone and she shares her location with friends, and suddenly I start seeing her calls in my recent history, etc. Much thanks!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 6:31 AM

3 replies

Dec 6, 2021 8:03 AM in response to wsconner

Hi there wsconner,

It sounds like you have multiple devices signed in to the same Apple ID, and notice the location changing to different devices.

If your iPhone devices are all signed in to the same account, it is expected for the location only to be shared from one device at a time. Learn more here: Share your location in Find My on iPhone

To share from different devices at the same time, use different Apple ID accounts on each device. This article has more information: Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID

Cheers!

"My Location" setting in Find my Iphone keeps changing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.