Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the easiest way to free up memory on my Macbook Air? It's hard for me to believe that I'm almost out. The only thing I really have on this computer is a few hundred photos, and less than 50 documents.

What is the easiest way to free up memory on my Macbook Air? It's hard for me to believe that I'm almost out. The only thing I really have on this computer is a few hundred photos, and less than 50 documents.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 3:02 PM

The following has information on how to identify what is using the storage and has other things that may help: Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

Dec 22, 2021 7:58 PM in response to Caswelll

Hi Caswelll,

Just to confirm, are you running out of memory, or out of storage?

Memory (RAM) is used to hold temporary data for applications that are running, including macOS itself. It is not intended for storing data long-term.

In contrast, storage is used to store all of your files, apps, media, settings, and other data. The solid state drive (SSD) inside your MacBook Air is the storage device that holds all of your data.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.