Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey | Disk Prep | Partitons & your experience

I got an ssd for my 2015 mac. I run it outboard on USB 3.0 because I can find no way to get an old thunderbolt to be able to see it even with cables that are to make the transitions. Partitioned it in half.

Mojave runs like a deer compared with the internal hard Disk. The other has a clean install of Monterey and the rest got filled in with Migration assistant. Eliminate programs that don't run under Monterey and all apprears to go well, but when I boot on the old Mojave partition, or the original hard drive:

"This disk has features inconsistant with this OS."

Does Apple have a FAQ on this?

BTW: the external SSD was formatted APFS and then partitioned.

Time Machine was handled the same way.

Disk Utility is not happy.

Techtool 15 is not happy.

Current Strategy: Clean Install on another dirve, more migration assistant, and when candles all light up a clone back to a wiped ssd.

Let me know what works/ what I should not be doing.

-wbajr tbc

This is about a "Late Nov 2015" iMac desktop machine.

Runs monterey like a dream.

Oh, and if i'm in the wrong area of this discussion board feel free to tell me where this should be.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 6:40 PM

Hey there,

I see the same thing, not a problem other than that warning for several months & boots back & forth,

I think to get away from that you'd need them on separate drives & disconnect the one it doesn't like before starting up.

I have both backed up twice so I'm not worrying. :)

Similar questions

3 replies

Monterey | Disk Prep | Partitons & your experience

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.