Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard (KB) usually won't wake up iMac; makes popping sound; in Bluetooth; no keyboard found.

Using Apple wireless KB which seems to work except in waking up; it may work if the "sleeping" has been for a short period but this is conjecture as I've noticed the KB does seem to function if I have initiated "sleep" via the menu and then used a key stroke shortly after. "Diagnostics" also doesn't seem to function on this (MontereyOS) device which may be related.

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 12:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 3:41 AM

In case others find this thread looking for a solution: "sleep" according to the MacOS user guide doesn't happen unless selected or scheduled; nonetheless it appears or is implied -from the Energy saver area that one can schedule the screen to turn off after a selected time and it seems to "sleep" a while after (or maybe this is yet another secret/unstated feature with some other name; anyway I tried three things and it now awakens after about a second using any keyboard key. The three things were: Turned off device for an hour or so/ re-set the NVRAM/ asked for advice on a Facebook group. One or more of these seemed to work; probably not the latter but it was after I got some useless reply that I tried the keyboard again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 3:41 AM in response to desm1

In case others find this thread looking for a solution: "sleep" according to the MacOS user guide doesn't happen unless selected or scheduled; nonetheless it appears or is implied -from the Energy saver area that one can schedule the screen to turn off after a selected time and it seems to "sleep" a while after (or maybe this is yet another secret/unstated feature with some other name; anyway I tried three things and it now awakens after about a second using any keyboard key. The three things were: Turned off device for an hour or so/ re-set the NVRAM/ asked for advice on a Facebook group. One or more of these seemed to work; probably not the latter but it was after I got some useless reply that I tried the keyboard again.

Keyboard (KB) usually won't wake up iMac; makes popping sound; in Bluetooth; no keyboard found.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.