Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i free up space on my ipod....128gb music only....some MB of apps ...can i move more music from the device to the cloud in one move?? the device says i have 900 MB photos but i can only see two pictures......Help!!!

how can i free up space on my ipod....128gb music only....some MB of apps ...can i move more music from the device to the cloud in one move?? the device says i have 900 MB photos but i can only see two pictures......Help!!!

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 11:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 12:49 AM

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your device storage.

iCloud+ Storage does not back up Music in terms of saving a copy of it to the cloud. This applies to purchased content, imported content, and shared purchases. Purchasing an iCloud+ storage plan would be beneficial to have for other content and data, but not for this content type.

iCloud Music Library/‘Sync Library’ does keep your Music ‘backed up’ by associating it to your Apple ID and storing it in iCloud if you use Apple Music or iTunes Match. This means if you sign into any device with your Apple ID, all of your Music will be available for download to that device without having to actually sync the device via iTunes on a Mac or PC.

That being said, having these services will not help your device storage issue.

I would recommend managing the content you are syncing to your device or purchasing another device with a higher storage capacity in order for you to easily access all of your Music without running into these issues.

Hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2021 12:49 AM in response to technoneophytesindistress

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your device storage.

iCloud+ Storage does not back up Music in terms of saving a copy of it to the cloud. This applies to purchased content, imported content, and shared purchases. Purchasing an iCloud+ storage plan would be beneficial to have for other content and data, but not for this content type.

iCloud Music Library/‘Sync Library’ does keep your Music ‘backed up’ by associating it to your Apple ID and storing it in iCloud if you use Apple Music or iTunes Match. This means if you sign into any device with your Apple ID, all of your Music will be available for download to that device without having to actually sync the device via iTunes on a Mac or PC.

That being said, having these services will not help your device storage issue.

I would recommend managing the content you are syncing to your device or purchasing another device with a higher storage capacity in order for you to easily access all of your Music without running into these issues.

Hope this helps!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.