Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ghost touch - iPhone 12 Pro Max

My iPhone has a huge ghost touch problem. Started randomly about a week ago. Tried cleaning multiple times. I don’t use a screen protector. If I switch off my screen it functions well again for 3-5 minutes after which again I get the ghost touch problems. It is around the g, h region on the keyboard mostly when in vertical mode. Please help me!

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 2:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 3:06 AM

Try a "forced" restart of your 12, using these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

If the issue persists, it might be a hardware (digitizer? screen? other internal component?) problem, but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2021 3:06 AM in response to manasladdha

Try a "forced" restart of your 12, using these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

If the issue persists, it might be a hardware (digitizer? screen? other internal component?) problem, but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Feb 14, 2022 5:07 AM in response to anshuman208

Many friends of mine using one of the latest iPhones seem to have this problem. Either there's some hardware problem with the iPhones Apple shipped to India or it's a software issue.

Here's what I can suggest you to do: (I wanted to avoid getting a screen replacement as I could just buy a flagship android phone for that price)

1. Make sure you've updated your iPhone to the latest version of iOS. When I updated my iPhone to iOS 15.2 and then later on 15.3, the issue was resolved for while. (a few days)
  2. Try locking and unlocking your iPhone. It will somewhat solve the issue for sometime. If it happens again, do the same.

Ghost touch - iPhone 12 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.