Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message problems

Am unable to send sms, due to a number that is not in my possession that was registered on my iMessage and I couldn’t delete it to put my number how do i delete dis number and make my number the main iMessage number.

it’s making my iMessage activation unsuccessful

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 9:11 AM

You need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. Look in the Security section when signed in online. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage

Then see the Apple Support article(s) below.

Messages or FaceTime - Add or remove your phone number.    *

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2021 9:11 AM in response to Official_solex11

You need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. Look in the Security section when signed in online. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage

Then see the Apple Support article(s) below.

Messages or FaceTime - Add or remove your phone number.    *

Message problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.