Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hide cursor in full screen

When watching a video in full screen mode (Chrome), my cursor persists. Is there a way to hide it?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 8:22 AM

"I'm not a fan of their bookmarks bar because it doesn't display favicons" - I don't use the bookmarks bar, so I can't speak to that one. I have Safari setup such that New Tabs, and New Windows, "Open With: Homepage" which displays favorites and recently visited, so that works for me. Otherwise, I just click on Bookmarks in the Safari menu. Regardless of browser, I have just never been a fan of consuming valuable screen real estate with a bookmarks bar. Personal preference. 😊

If you really are averse to Safari, give FireFox a try. It is a strong player with great privacy focus. Especially the latest iteration with its improvements and always on sandboxed site containers. Arguably, no extensions required beyond uBlock Origin for ad and annoyance blocking. Use the fact that you are "frustrated with Chrome" as a catalyst to make a shift toward privacy and not being tracked. You will be glad you did.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2021 8:22 AM in response to bird66

"I'm not a fan of their bookmarks bar because it doesn't display favicons" - I don't use the bookmarks bar, so I can't speak to that one. I have Safari setup such that New Tabs, and New Windows, "Open With: Homepage" which displays favorites and recently visited, so that works for me. Otherwise, I just click on Bookmarks in the Safari menu. Regardless of browser, I have just never been a fan of consuming valuable screen real estate with a bookmarks bar. Personal preference. 😊

If you really are averse to Safari, give FireFox a try. It is a strong player with great privacy focus. Especially the latest iteration with its improvements and always on sandboxed site containers. Arguably, no extensions required beyond uBlock Origin for ad and annoyance blocking. Use the fact that you are "frustrated with Chrome" as a catalyst to make a shift toward privacy and not being tracked. You will be glad you did.

Dec 23, 2021 7:32 AM in response to bird66

Hi bird66,

Your tagline shows "Windows, Windows 10" and you are using Chrome. Are you sure you are in the right place? 😊

Regardless of the problem experienced, my first suggestion is always to stop using Chrome! I will spare you my soapbox on Google's privacy concerns, and just jump to asking whether you have the same cursor problem in Safari?

Dec 23, 2021 7:54 AM in response to PRP_53

Hi - I'm sorry yes - this is in reference to my MacBook Air M1. After some additional testing, I see this is only happening on the HBOMax site, in Safari and Chrome. So this must be an HBO site issue.

I would be happy to use Safari, but I'm not a fan of their bookmarks bar because it doesn't display favicons - only text. I tried the workaround where you drag the tab to the left to only show the icon, but this isn't really a bookmark because it doesn't reload the page where you select it. I'm frustrated with Chrome on the Mac, though. The scrolling is choppy.

hide cursor in full screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.