Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop stopped working between iPhone and Mac

I've used AirDrop between my iPhone 7 running 15.2 and MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.0.1. It seems to have stopped working with the purchase of a new M1 MacBook Pro. My Firewall options has Block all incoming calls unchecked and everything else is checked. They both have Bluetooth enabled and they are both on the same wi-fi network. Ideas?

When trying to transfer a picture from the iPhone to the Mac I get a spinning "Waiting..." message and nothing happens. No error message, it just stops at some point.

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 9:27 AM

Thanks for your reply. I was seeing the other device on each. However, I just restarted my iPhone instead and it worked (including a finished message on the iPhone). However, I didn't receive a received notification on my Mac, but when I looked the image was in the Downloads folder (I also checked for this before asking my question and saw it wasn't transferring). I guess the restart fixed it, expect for not getting the notification which I've always gotten on my Mac.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2021 9:27 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks for your reply. I was seeing the other device on each. However, I just restarted my iPhone instead and it worked (including a finished message on the iPhone). However, I didn't receive a received notification on my Mac, but when I looked the image was in the Downloads folder (I also checked for this before asking my question and saw it wasn't transferring). I guess the restart fixed it, expect for not getting the notification which I've always gotten on my Mac.

Airdrop stopped working between iPhone and Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.