Airdrop between Iphone SE 23 and Macbook 2017 doesnt work. All suggestions were followed up; both devices appear but after waiting for download is says "failed".

My Macbook 2017 always worked with my Iphone 6; since last month I have Iphone SE 23 and it doesn't succeed in downloading anything anymore through Airdrop. I followed Apple instructions (share contacts everyone, firewall deselected, both devices switched on and off again, bluetooth switched off and on again: nothing works.)

Both devices are up to date (Iphone SE IOS 17.0.3 and Macbook Monterey 12.7) What can be wrong?

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 9:58 AM

1. Do you have both bluetooth + WiFI turned on ... both devices, iPhone & Mac?
  2. On your Mac, have you enabled Go > AirDrop from the Finder menu bar & checked ”Allow me to be discovered by”?
  3. When you attempt to share from your iPhone SE, do you see your Mac as an available (recipient) device?

Also, once you initiate Airdrop it can actually take some time before the devices actually connect & share.

FWIW, Apple's instructions for Airdrop:

Use AirDrop on your Mac - Apple Support

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I hope this is helpful.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2023 9:58 AM in response to ProblemswithAirdrop

1. Do you have both bluetooth + WiFI turned on ... both devices, iPhone & Mac?
  2. On your Mac, have you enabled Go > AirDrop from the Finder menu bar & checked ”Allow me to be discovered by”?
  3. When you attempt to share from your iPhone SE, do you see your Mac as an available (recipient) device?

Also, once you initiate Airdrop it can actually take some time before the devices actually connect & share.

FWIW, Apple's instructions for Airdrop:

Use AirDrop on your Mac - Apple Support

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I hope this is helpful.

Airdrop between Iphone SE 23 and Macbook 2017 doesnt work. All suggestions were followed up; both devices appear but after waiting for download is says "failed".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.