Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Migration Assistant

I'm trying to move information from an old Mac to a new Mac and can't find the Migration Assistant. It is not under /Applications/Utilities - indeed the utilities folder is empty. Likewise, I have tried finding via Spotlight and it finds nothing.

I've searched online for a download of the app, but I can only ever find the app for transferring from Windows.

Any ideas?

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 9:17 AM

There may be a confusing Applications folder inside your userid.

But there should be a top-level /Applications folder, and its included Utilities folder should contain at least a half-dozen Utilities including Activity Monitor, Disk Utility, Keychain Access, Network Utility, Migration Assistant, and Terminal, to name a few.

Spotlight may be able to find it for you.

If not, your installation of MacOS is damaged. You may need to re-Install MacOS in-place to make progress.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2021 9:17 AM in response to richardwoodward162

There may be a confusing Applications folder inside your userid.

But there should be a top-level /Applications folder, and its included Utilities folder should contain at least a half-dozen Utilities including Activity Monitor, Disk Utility, Keychain Access, Network Utility, Migration Assistant, and Terminal, to name a few.

Spotlight may be able to find it for you.

If not, your installation of MacOS is damaged. You may need to re-Install MacOS in-place to make progress.

Missing Migration Assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.