Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I sync selected songs from my windows 10 computer to my iphone

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 9:13 AM

I don't think it's possible to select individual songs as such, but you can either create a Playlist and Sync that, or select albums, artists or genres.

• Once you decide, connect the device to iTunes and click on the Device icon:

• that shows you the Device/Settings/Summary pane
  • switch to the Device/Settings/Music pane (1.):

• tick the box named Sync Music (2.)
  • in 3., choose Selected Playlists, artists albums and genres. Only now will you see the sections in 4.
  • choose the items you wish to sync from section boxes 4. If songs is listed, it will be further down that screen, but I'm pretty sure it isn't there
  • if you've made a Playlist, choose that. Otherwise, select the albums etc. that you want.
  • Click on the Sync (or Apply) button in the lower tight corner of the window (not shown in the screenshot)

One other possibility; if you have Sync only ticked songs and videos selected (on the Device/Settings/Summary pane), you can then untick (uncheck) any song in the Library and it will then not be added to the device. This is a clumsy and cumbersome method, I don't recommend it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2021 9:13 AM in response to JohnPeterborough

I don't think it's possible to select individual songs as such, but you can either create a Playlist and Sync that, or select albums, artists or genres.

• Once you decide, connect the device to iTunes and click on the Device icon:

• that shows you the Device/Settings/Summary pane
  • switch to the Device/Settings/Music pane (1.):

• tick the box named Sync Music (2.)
  • in 3., choose Selected Playlists, artists albums and genres. Only now will you see the sections in 4.
  • choose the items you wish to sync from section boxes 4. If songs is listed, it will be further down that screen, but I'm pretty sure it isn't there
  • if you've made a Playlist, choose that. Otherwise, select the albums etc. that you want.
  • Click on the Sync (or Apply) button in the lower tight corner of the window (not shown in the screenshot)

One other possibility; if you have Sync only ticked songs and videos selected (on the Device/Settings/Summary pane), you can then untick (uncheck) any song in the Library and it will then not be added to the device. This is a clumsy and cumbersome method, I don't recommend it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.