Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i sync songs to iPhone and ipad

I want to sync songs on my iPhone to songs on my iPad especially songs I loaded from CDs. How can I do this

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 1:11 PM

You cannot directly.

You can only sync songs to an iPad or iPhone from a computer, unless you subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match and uploaded your music to the Cloud, it will then sync to all devices logged in to the same Apple ID.

See here: link-> Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

and here: link-> Use iCloud Music Library on PC - Apple Support

and here: link-> Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support

If the music only exists in the iPhone now, you will need to extract it from the iPhone, and add it to an iTunes Library on a computer ands then sync it to the iPad. See here: link-> Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 1:11 PM in response to GMPederson

You cannot directly.

You can only sync songs to an iPad or iPhone from a computer, unless you subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match and uploaded your music to the Cloud, it will then sync to all devices logged in to the same Apple ID.

See here: link-> Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

and here: link-> Use iCloud Music Library on PC - Apple Support

and here: link-> Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support

If the music only exists in the iPhone now, you will need to extract it from the iPhone, and add it to an iTunes Library on a computer ands then sync it to the iPad. See here: link-> Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community

How can i sync songs to iPhone and ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.