Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having issues syncing songs on my itunes to my phone.

I am trying to sync songs added from CD's but it is not syncing to my iphone, however these song sync to my ipad

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 10:14 AM

Each device has its own Sync settings:

• if you have not synchronised the iPhone with your current iTunes Library before now, then you need to set options for the iPhone in order to put anything on it from that library
    • if you have previously added songs to the iPhone from your library, are you using Sync Entire Library, or are you using Sync selected playlists, artists, albums and genres?
      • if syncing the entire library, the songs should be on the hone. If not, try a further Sync
      • if using selected playlists etc., you need to ensure that the new songs are included in one of the items that you have set to Sync with the phone

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 10:14 AM in response to hvac0704

Each device has its own Sync settings:

• if you have not synchronised the iPhone with your current iTunes Library before now, then you need to set options for the iPhone in order to put anything on it from that library
    • if you have previously added songs to the iPhone from your library, are you using Sync Entire Library, or are you using Sync selected playlists, artists, albums and genres?
      • if syncing the entire library, the songs should be on the hone. If not, try a further Sync
      • if using selected playlists etc., you need to ensure that the new songs are included in one of the items that you have set to Sync with the phone

Having issues syncing songs on my itunes to my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.