You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2019: The screen has stopped working.

I bought a customised MacBook Pro in June 2021, just six months ago. On 11th December, I turned on my laptop and the computer screen turned completely dark with 2 small, thin, white lines next to the camera. I couldn’t understand what the problem was. I managed to connect the laptop to an external monitor, and then I did all the steps advised in the Apple Support: reset SMC, reset NVRAM, and finally reinstalling the OS. The problem persisted but there were some changes in the screen. Part of the screen became visible, with colour even some text but overall the screen remained out of service and I had to use external monitors to be able to use my laptop. I reinstalled the OS several times but the problem was not solved. See attached some pictures. Any advice/ideas on what the problem could be?

Picture 1: first time 11 December

Picture 2: after reinstalling OS 13 December

Picture 3: After reinstalling OS 19 December

Picture 4: after reinstalling OS 19 December

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 12:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 12:53 AM

Get expert service and support at the Genius Bar:

👉🏼 Call 1-800-MY-APPLE or get help here. 

4 replies

MacBook Pro 2019: The screen has stopped working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.