Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scammer

I sold my iPad a few months ago in person, and the person showed me the bank transaction as a proof he paid. The proof was just a screenshot, and the money never arrived into my bank. I reported the incident, but the authorities find out he used a burner phone and the place where we met no one lives. I kind of buried the idea I will ever see my money back, but I found the photo I took of the device when I was selling it and there was a receipt included with the serial number. Would that change anything I can do to find or block the iPad?

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 7:31 AM

Click on this link for general information about what to do "If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen" --> https://support.apple.com/HT201472

The above things are the only ones available for "blocking" an iPad, if any are still available to you.

Report fraud to the police.

Some cell companies will blacklist items but you would have to contact your company about that.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2021 7:31 AM in response to izila

Click on this link for general information about what to do "If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen" --> https://support.apple.com/HT201472

The above things are the only ones available for "blocking" an iPad, if any are still available to you.

Report fraud to the police.

Some cell companies will blacklist items but you would have to contact your company about that.

Dec 24, 2021 7:34 AM in response to izila

If the iPad was prepared properly before being sold or given away, then the iPad is no longer associated with your AppleID account. As such, there a no technical means by which you can trace or block the iPad.

Apple will not assist with locating lost or stolen devices - as to do so would very likely transgress data privacy laws of many countries/regions in which they operate. If served with an appropriate court order, via a law enforcement agency, Apple would likely comply with the order - but this is not an avenue that could be cost-effectively explored by a private individual such as yourself.

Scammer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.