Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need background refresh turned on my apps?

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 7:48 AM

That would largely depend upon your own needs.

Background Refresh allows some Apps to remain synchronised with external data - or with iCloud and [potentially] other devices that you own. The ability to keep data updated does come with a small (but measurable) penalty in battery life, depleting your iPad battery slightly quicker than would otherwise be the case where Background Refresh is disabled.

You can enable or disable Background Refresh for individual Apps and services - to meet your own needs.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2021 7:48 AM in response to dona164

That would largely depend upon your own needs.

Background Refresh allows some Apps to remain synchronised with external data - or with iCloud and [potentially] other devices that you own. The ability to keep data updated does come with a small (but measurable) penalty in battery life, depleting your iPad battery slightly quicker than would otherwise be the case where Background Refresh is disabled.

You can enable or disable Background Refresh for individual Apps and services - to meet your own needs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.