Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I restore a deleted text message

I selected a text message on my iPhone 6s Plus and it deleted my entire history with that single person (contact).

I backup everything to iCloud but when I log into iCloud I don't see Messages. Messages are tunred on in my iCloud settings, so why aren't they backed up.

This text history is personally very important to me. How can I get it back?

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 8:33 PM

iCloud is primarily a synchronization service. Messages in iCloud ensures that your messages on one device are in sync with all other devices. If you delete a message, it is deleted immediately. You will not see messages at iCloud.com as iMessages are end-to-end encrypted. And, deleted messages are not backed up.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2021 8:33 PM in response to XmasEve2021

iCloud is primarily a synchronization service. Messages in iCloud ensures that your messages on one device are in sync with all other devices. If you delete a message, it is deleted immediately. You will not see messages at iCloud.com as iMessages are end-to-end encrypted. And, deleted messages are not backed up.

how can I restore a deleted text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.