Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reset my password from the (padlock) screen ? Can’t remember login p/w and recovery key isn’t helping either…

How to reset recovery password on a 15in MacBook Pro 2011 model

Mac Pro

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 8:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 9:00 PM

If you have a firmware password enabled and you don't know it, then you will need to take the laptop to Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider so they can remove the firmware lock, but you will need to provide the proper proof of purchase and proper ID. See this Apple article for details about a firmware lock:

Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2021 9:00 PM in response to Waynie1

If you have a firmware password enabled and you don't know it, then you will need to take the laptop to Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider so they can remove the firmware lock, but you will need to provide the proper proof of purchase and proper ID. See this Apple article for details about a firmware lock:

Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support

How can I reset my password from the (padlock) screen ? Can’t remember login p/w and recovery key isn’t helping either…

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.