Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone storage

On my iPhone 7 it was originally 5gb but I updated it to 50gb but then I got the new phone with has 128gb on it. Would getting rid of the 50gb affect my new phone since everything was on iCloud?

iPhone 13

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 12:57 AM

The 5GB and 50GB are both iCloud storage. That is on an Apple server somewhere in the world, not on your phone.

Before you downgrade your iCloud storage plan make sure you are not using more than 5GB of it or you will lose whatever is stored on it. If you have iCloud Photos turned on (the default situation) it will be very dangerous to simply downgrade the plan.

Settings, your name, iCloud, Manage storage

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2021 12:57 AM in response to JessicaT99

The 5GB and 50GB are both iCloud storage. That is on an Apple server somewhere in the world, not on your phone.

Before you downgrade your iCloud storage plan make sure you are not using more than 5GB of it or you will lose whatever is stored on it. If you have iCloud Photos turned on (the default situation) it will be very dangerous to simply downgrade the plan.

Settings, your name, iCloud, Manage storage

Dec 28, 2021 2:46 AM in response to JessicaT99

Assuming you have not previously set up the new telephone

See the directions in: Transfer information from your past iOS gadget to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod contact - Apple Support

At last you really want to conclude how you will back up the telephone. On the off chance that you have iCloud Photos or potentially iCloud Backup set up you might require more iCloud stockpiling, not less.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Phone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.