Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone playlists not displayed in Music on macbook pro

This revisits a post from December 24, 2020 (iphone playlists not displayed in Music o… - Apple Community). I eventually got an answer to this question by calling Apple support. It's fairly clear to me that many of the respondents to the post did not understand the nature of the problem. I've attached a screenshots of my iPhone connected to iTunes on my iMac along with a screenshot of my iPhone connected to Music on my MacBook Air. You will note that you can see a listing of my playlists in the left column of iTunes along with other content on my phone along with other items "on my device" (movies, videos, etc.) However, Apple support informed me that this feature is not available in Music. I liked this functionality in iTunes because it allowed me to create and edit playlist in iTunes which is much easier than creating and editing playlist on the iPhone. This is unfortunate. I had been hoping to transition my iPhone syncing and playlist creation/editing to my new MacBook Air with a 2 TB drive. Now, if I want that functionality (and I do), I'm going to have to head to my basement every time I want to sync my phone or create/edit a playlist. It's a pain in the butt but I suppose it's a small inconvenience and gives me a little bit of exercise. If anyone at Apple is listening, can you consider adding that iTunes functionality to the Music app for MacOS?

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 11:57 AM

Apple aren't listening here, use Feedback - macOS - Apple to share your thoughts. For what it is worth I recommend syncing with selected playlists. If you create a playlist folder to represent your device you will always be able to check what is supposed to be on it without needing to connect it, or browse through a feature that no longer exists.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 11:57 AM in response to Keith Hood1

Apple aren't listening here, use Feedback - macOS - Apple to share your thoughts. For what it is worth I recommend syncing with selected playlists. If you create a playlist folder to represent your device you will always be able to check what is supposed to be on it without needing to connect it, or browse through a feature that no longer exists.

tt2

iphone playlists not displayed in Music on macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.