Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard sound macbook pro m1 (2020)

Hi guys,

First of all, happy holidays.

I had a little question regarding the keyboard of my macbook pro M1 (2020).

I've got it a couple of days ago but I notice sometimes while typing I get a slight "spring" sound.

It's barely noticeable but I was wondering if this is normal?

I'm very nurturing regarding my electronics and I just want to make sure it won't cause harm.

It seems like the keyboard does this once in a while but besides that everything works just fine.

Thanks in advance.

All the best,

Nicholas

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 9:38 AM

All keyboards make some sounds as the keys are little units that move when touched. I've never heard a spring sound (boing?) but that's not to say it's abnormal.

If you feel it's not performing correctly, take it to an Apple store and have them evaluate it.

Or, you can just take a wait and see attitude as it won't be repaired until something breaks. If you're still within the 14 day return period you can do so no questions asked. If past the return period, it'll be repaired under warranty only when something actually breaks or wears out prematurely.

Just to be clear, if out of warranty you pay the bill for repair.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2021 9:38 AM in response to Nicholas_H

All keyboards make some sounds as the keys are little units that move when touched. I've never heard a spring sound (boing?) but that's not to say it's abnormal.

If you feel it's not performing correctly, take it to an Apple store and have them evaluate it.

Or, you can just take a wait and see attitude as it won't be repaired until something breaks. If you're still within the 14 day return period you can do so no questions asked. If past the return period, it'll be repaired under warranty only when something actually breaks or wears out prematurely.

Just to be clear, if out of warranty you pay the bill for repair.

Keyboard sound macbook pro m1 (2020)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.