Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro M1 2021 Diagnostics Error NDR005,NDR006 - Trackpad?

Have any of the new MacBook Pro M1 2021 users received the following errors when running diagnostics?

NDR005,NDR006

It suggest that there may be a problem with my track pad.

In use, it seems totally fine.

It would be awful to send it back for no reason.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 12:24 PM

So I seem to have solved the issue.

In my case, I use a wireless Magic Mouse. When running Apple Diagnostics, be sure to turn off the wireless Magic Mouse first, as having it on during the diagnostics may result in the error codes mentioned.

When the Magic Mouse is off, no issues are found from the diagnostics.

Hopefully Apple will fix this, as it may result in MacBook Pros being returned for no reason.

Hope this helps.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2021 12:24 PM in response to LukeD

So I seem to have solved the issue.

In my case, I use a wireless Magic Mouse. When running Apple Diagnostics, be sure to turn off the wireless Magic Mouse first, as having it on during the diagnostics may result in the error codes mentioned.

When the Magic Mouse is off, no issues are found from the diagnostics.

Hopefully Apple will fix this, as it may result in MacBook Pros being returned for no reason.

Hope this helps.

Feb 5, 2022 3:53 PM in response to LukeD

I also want to thank you Luke. My 2021 MacBook Pro was crashing and rebooting fairly often. When I ran the Apple Diagnostic Test I kept getting the NDR 005 & 006 codes. I assumed the crashing and the trackpad failure codes were related. I took my laptop to the Genius Bar. They tested it okay with their test but they went ahead and sent it to Apple repair. Apple repair did a clean OS reinstall and returned it to me. The crashing has been gone for the past month but I was still getting the NDR 005 & 006 codes which very much concerned me on a new and expensive laptop. After reading your post I turned off my Magic Trackpad before testing and no more error codes :). So I just had a software issue with the crashing and an Apple Diagnostic programming issue on the other. Thanks again LukeD!

MacBook Pro M1 2021 Diagnostics Error NDR005,NDR006 - Trackpad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.