Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2020 camera extremely grainy

Hi,

I just unboxed my new MacBook Pro for Christmas this year and when I went opened the FaceTime app I realised the camera quality is extremely grainy and low quality. How do I fix this? I thought one of the "wow" features of this computer was an HD camera? Has anyone else had an issue with this?

Thank you

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 1:12 PM

3 replies

Dec 26, 2021 11:02 AM in response to vivek3805

Hi vivek3805,

It appears you have concerns about the image quality of the camera of your MacBook Pro. Please check out the information below, from the following article, that might help: Use the built-in camera on Mac - Apple Support

"Improve image quality

• Clean the camera: Use a soft, lint-free cloth to wipe the camera.
  • Adjust lighting: Make sure you are well lit from the front, but there isn’t a lot of light behind you; for example, face toward windows.
  • Improve your Wi-Fi connection: Move closer to your Wi-Fi router and make sure there are no objects impeding its signal, such as walls.
  • Change app settings: Certain apps may allow you to adjust camera quality. Check your app settings and adjust if needed.
  • Use an external camera: If you have an older Mac, the image quality of your built-in camera may be limited. Try using an external camera."

Best wishes to you.

MacBook Pro 2020 camera extremely grainy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.