Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Static lines all over screen

MacBook was fine when I shut off. Then when I turned it back on about 2 hours later it had a thick blue static line down the middle left on startup then a bunch of static lines all over the place on boot up.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 8:00 PM

That does not look good. Appears to be the sign of either a failing display or the logic board. These lines may clear up on subsequent reboots however it is a sign of the display/logic board failing. My recommendation is to have it examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and evaluation.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2021 8:00 PM in response to Subarudine

That does not look good. Appears to be the sign of either a failing display or the logic board. These lines may clear up on subsequent reboots however it is a sign of the display/logic board failing. My recommendation is to have it examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and evaluation.

Axel F.

Static lines all over screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.