Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore issue

I’ve restored my iPhone 12 (256GB) from my backup of an iPhone 11 (64GB). But new phone keeps saying restore in progress. Says that it needs another 600 MB to finish restoring apps and data. But I have over200 GB available so don’t understand why it won’t update?

I cannot backup my current phone now as restore is not completed

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 7:35 PM

Hi johnluke666,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to restore a backup. We can help point you in the right direction.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to follow the steps outlined in this helpful article: If restore from iCloud backup failed

Following these steps may help.

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2021 7:35 PM in response to johnluke666

Hi johnluke666,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to restore a backup. We can help point you in the right direction.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to follow the steps outlined in this helpful article: If restore from iCloud backup failed

Following these steps may help.

Kind regards.

Restore issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.