Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update Safari on my iPad?

Whatsapp on my iPad requires me to use the latest version of Safari. How do I update my Safari?

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 3:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 3:11 AM

Safari always updates along with iPadOS (previously iOS) so if you’re on the latest version of iPadOS, then you’re also on the latest version of Safari. Bear in mind lots of popular web apps (e.g. Microsoft Teams) don’t work on Safari or WebKit, so if you are updated on the latest version of iPadOS, then you may have to add WhatsApp to the list of incompatible web apps.

Sorry if it seems a little complicated, so to summarise, if your iPad is updated, then Safari is also updated.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2021 3:11 AM in response to mlfudge

Safari always updates along with iPadOS (previously iOS) so if you’re on the latest version of iPadOS, then you’re also on the latest version of Safari. Bear in mind lots of popular web apps (e.g. Microsoft Teams) don’t work on Safari or WebKit, so if you are updated on the latest version of iPadOS, then you may have to add WhatsApp to the list of incompatible web apps.

Sorry if it seems a little complicated, so to summarise, if your iPad is updated, then Safari is also updated.

Dec 26, 2021 3:30 PM in response to mlfudge

little hard to help/advise you when you provide little to NO useful information about your iPad.

Here are my questions to you.

Can you, please, confirm what year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on the aluminium back of your iPad, in very small print, right under the larger bold print “iPad” on the back of the iPad.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

Please try to make an attempt to answer all questions asked.

Thank You.

How do I update Safari on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.