You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My air tag won’t pair with my phone

My air tag will not pair with my iphone

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 6:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 7:45 AM

Hi AcmeMichael,

It appears that you're not able to set up your AirTag with your iPhone. Check out the steps below, from this article, to see if it helps: Set up your AirTag using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"If you can't set up your AirTag

1. Make sure that your device is ready for setup.
  2. If the setup animation disappeared, press the side button or Sleep/Wake button on your iPhone to put your device to sleep. Then wake and unlock your iPhone. Wait up to 15 seconds, and the animation should reappear. 
  3. If you have multiple AirTags to set up, make sure that only one is near your device at one time.
  4. Remove and then replace the battery in your AirTag.* 
  5. If your AirTag still won't connect to your device, reset your AirTag

Learn what to do if you see a message that says the AirTag is connected to another Apple ID.

* Warning: AirTag, the battery cover, and the battery might present a choking hazard or cause other injury to small children. Keep these items away from small children."

Let us know if those steps help or if you've already tried those steps.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 27, 2021 7:45 AM in response to AcmeMichael

Hi AcmeMichael,

It appears that you're not able to set up your AirTag with your iPhone. Check out the steps below, from this article, to see if it helps: Set up your AirTag using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"If you can't set up your AirTag

1. Make sure that your device is ready for setup.
  2. If the setup animation disappeared, press the side button or Sleep/Wake button on your iPhone to put your device to sleep. Then wake and unlock your iPhone. Wait up to 15 seconds, and the animation should reappear. 
  3. If you have multiple AirTags to set up, make sure that only one is near your device at one time.
  4. Remove and then replace the battery in your AirTag.* 
  5. If your AirTag still won't connect to your device, reset your AirTag

Learn what to do if you see a message that says the AirTag is connected to another Apple ID.

* Warning: AirTag, the battery cover, and the battery might present a choking hazard or cause other injury to small children. Keep these items away from small children."

Let us know if those steps help or if you've already tried those steps.

Take care!

My air tag won’t pair with my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.