Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

automatic audio switching

I don't know the proper term for this feature, but IOS will switch the audio source automatically when you open a new app. For example, I am listening to Apple Music and open twitter or youtube or some other app that has a lot of audio. IOS will turn off the music in anticipation that I want to listen to the new app. Is there any way to turn this off? It is very annoying.

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 11:05 AM

How about when you're not using AirPods? Like from your Iphones speaker or when your Bluetooth to an external speaker.

5 replies

Dec 28, 2021 10:36 AM in response to marby

Ok if want stop that automatic switching put the AirPods in your ears go to setting in your iPhone then in bluetooth find you AirPods go to the Blue circle with I get there and find connect with this iPhone get in there and select the bottom option that won't disconnect your AirPods from the app where you are listening music while you are in other app like YouTube et, etc

automatic audio switching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.