Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5 billion search scam

My iPhone showed the "5 billion search scam" and then a malware alert popped up. What can I do?

I tried to remove the safari app to reinstall. I don't think it removed it all.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 9:32 AM

Tap the overlapping squares icon in the bottom right of Safari, then close that Safari tab. The malware alert is just a pop up hoping you’ll install something or click a link, ignore it and move on.. don’t tap anything inside the popup. Most of these “malware” popups use the JavaScript functionality in an advertisement so it might be a good idea to install an adblocker.

More information can be found here: Dealing with Safari popups that won't go … - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2021 9:32 AM in response to swg5050

Tap the overlapping squares icon in the bottom right of Safari, then close that Safari tab. The malware alert is just a pop up hoping you’ll install something or click a link, ignore it and move on.. don’t tap anything inside the popup. Most of these “malware” popups use the JavaScript functionality in an advertisement so it might be a good idea to install an adblocker.

More information can be found here: Dealing with Safari popups that won't go … - Apple Community

5 billion search scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.