Does AppleCare work Internationally?

Hello there, I am writing from India. I am planning to buy an iPhone and have asked my friend to buy it for me from the USA where he works. He asked me whether to include Applecare plus for it, here I am in dilemma (after going through lots of websites) about Applecare plus's international warranty, my concerns are listed pointwise as follows. Will it apply to other devices aswell?

If I buy it (Applecare plus) along with the phone in the USA and I would be using it here in India, in case of any damage or software issue do I get assistance from Indian authorized apple resellers? Or is it only restricted in the country where it is bought.?

Your response and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 2:57 PM

Hello,

Though this thread hasn’t been updated in a while, we identified an opportunity here to provide some clarity about the use of AppleCare+ around the world.

AppleCare+ must be purchased in your country of residence, as the Terms and Conditions are subject to the local regulations. 

AppleCare+ does provide coverage outside your country of residence, for example, when you are traveling. Service fees and service options will be limited to the options available in the country where you request service.

You can find more information about AppleCare+ for iPhone here: AppleCare Products - iPhone - Apple (IN)

Take care!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 2:57 PM in response to ar277

Hello,

Though this thread hasn’t been updated in a while, we identified an opportunity here to provide some clarity about the use of AppleCare+ around the world.

AppleCare+ must be purchased in your country of residence, as the Terms and Conditions are subject to the local regulations. 

AppleCare+ does provide coverage outside your country of residence, for example, when you are traveling. Service fees and service options will be limited to the options available in the country where you request service.

You can find more information about AppleCare+ for iPhone here: AppleCare Products - iPhone - Apple (IN)

Take care!

Apr 29, 2024 12:12 PM in response to beingrv

beingrv wrote:

I am right now in the same situation and I scheduled a call back with apple support. When I explained them the situation, they told me that the apple care is global. Please give your inputs if anyone has been in such situation in recent times.

That is misinformation. AppleCare+ plans apply to the country of purchase. If you are planning to purchase an iPhone from a different country than you live and will use the phone, don't buy an AppleCare+ plan, unless you enjoy wasting money on something you won't be able to use. In fact, if you buy an iPhone, but you live in a different country, you won't have any warranty in the country you live. Apple can and does limit iPhone Warranty to the country of purchase.

Think very carefully about doing this. If iPhone is cheaper than in your country, you need to have the finances and time to bring the phone back to the country of purchase should you need warranty service. That can eat any savings you might see and then some.

Does AppleCare work Internationally?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.