Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Apple TV audio much lower than cable tv. My Apple TV is plugged into receiver 4k media using hdmi

How do I get Apple TV audio to play as loud as cable tv? Apple TV plugged into receiver media using hdmi.

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 5:05 AM

It is likely the cable that is set to be cranked up, thereby reducing the dynamic range (whispering then wouldn’t be much softer than explosions) and distorting the audio.

Verify the audio dynamic range setting “Reduce Loud Sounds”, which can do something similar. Watch Apple TV without disturbing others - Adjust video and audio settings on Apple TV - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2021 5:05 AM in response to bcorvel

It is likely the cable that is set to be cranked up, thereby reducing the dynamic range (whispering then wouldn’t be much softer than explosions) and distorting the audio.

Verify the audio dynamic range setting “Reduce Loud Sounds”, which can do something similar. Watch Apple TV without disturbing others - Adjust video and audio settings on Apple TV - Apple Support

Why is Apple TV audio much lower than cable tv. My Apple TV is plugged into receiver 4k media using hdmi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.