Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove this app called “cydia”

So some of my friend install this app called cydia and I couldn’t remove it on my iPad Pro how to remove it?

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 5:26 PM

After you get done cleaning up the immediate security breach as mentioned above, change your Apple ID password, your device passcode, and all of your other passwords.

Basically, your friend (and one who probably would have just lost themselves that designation around here) performed a massive security breach on your device, and who knows what else happened to your device and your security here.

I’d probably also make a run at the checklists included in the following:

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1976/en_US/device-and-data-access-when-personal-safety-is-at-risk.pdf

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2021 5:26 PM in response to BensonMAT

After you get done cleaning up the immediate security breach as mentioned above, change your Apple ID password, your device passcode, and all of your other passwords.

Basically, your friend (and one who probably would have just lost themselves that designation around here) performed a massive security breach on your device, and who knows what else happened to your device and your security here.

I’d probably also make a run at the checklists included in the following:

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1976/en_US/device-and-data-access-when-personal-safety-is-at-risk.pdf

Dec 26, 2021 5:19 PM in response to GreeniusGenius

As you have already been told, Cydia is a jailbreaking app and you may not be able to remove it. However, unlike the other poster stated, you will not want to use a backup as your backup would still contain Cydia and its remnants. To try and remove it completely, you will need to restore the device to factory and set it up as new, not from a backup. It may require you to use DFU mode, and you will need to look that up on your own. See this about restore to factory. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support Ask your friend if he is willing to pay to replace your iPhone since he has voided all warranty on it by altering the operating system. Apple will no longer service that device.

Dec 26, 2021 5:09 PM in response to BensonMAT

It appears that your friends Jailbroke your iPad. To be frank I wouldn’t be best pleased with them if they did this without asking me. As far as I’m aware, the only fix is to backup (optional, but I assume you want to keep your data), and then restore. There could be other fixes for removing the jailbreak, but you’d need to do some more research on that, as I would think there have been different exploits over the years.

How to remove this app called “cydia”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.