Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

possible malware?

Hello,

I have been having issues with certain sites not loading at all on one of my browsers but loading well on the other.

on that browser i've already cleared the settings, the history, cache and started afresh

used troubleshooting mode

taken out adons

but nothing

i've used the app clean my mac but detected no malware

is it possible that i just have to download another app to find and get rid of the malware?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 6:04 PM

sthprk321 wrote:

how legit are both of these apps?

EtreCheck was created by a well respected, long-time contributor to Apple Support Communities.

Using the free MalwareBytes manually, only as needed, should cause no issues.

6 replies

Dec 26, 2021 5:55 PM in response to sthprk321

First, I suggest that you completely remove Clean My Mac from your notebook. This app can potentially cause more issues than resolve them and we get numerous posts here with folks asking for help in removing it / fixing their Macs.

Two options I would suggest you consider are:

1. EtreCheck - EtreCheck is a diagnostics tool that can also detect malware/adware "infections."
  2. Malwarebytes for Mac - This app is pretty much dedicated to detecting and removing malware/adware.

possible malware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.