Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Four icons per row? iPhone 13 pro max

Are we stuck with 4 icons per row? For some reason my question was removed? Would you like it’s serial number to prove I intact own a iPhone 13 with only 4 icons per row on a 486ppi 2700x1750ish screen? How can I make it Five icons per row like my old iPhone from 2012?

iphone 13 pro max is three days old. Thank you for the second time…. Geez Apple grow up. Taking photos of messages for proof of deletion.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 7:16 PM

Buzzjr Said:

"Four icons per row? iPhone 13 pro max: Are we stuck with 4 icons per row? [...]Geez Apple grow up. Taking photos of messages for proof of deletion."

-------

Yes.

We are stuck with 4 icons per row. Apple has not made this an option yet, as of this reply.. So, recommend to Apple. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their customers prefer, and what features to include in updates to come.

1. Use this Site: Feedback - iPhone - Apple.
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on why you want this to be an option, and how it can help others.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.
11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2021 7:16 PM in response to Buzzjr

Buzzjr Said:

"Four icons per row? iPhone 13 pro max: Are we stuck with 4 icons per row? [...]Geez Apple grow up. Taking photos of messages for proof of deletion."

-------

Yes.

We are stuck with 4 icons per row. Apple has not made this an option yet, as of this reply.. So, recommend to Apple. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their customers prefer, and what features to include in updates to come.

1. Use this Site: Feedback - iPhone - Apple.
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on why you want this to be an option, and how it can help others.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.

Dec 26, 2021 7:49 PM in response to deggie

Wow. I didn’t know you could only get four?Now I’m wondering how I got 5. I do remember the phone having more rows too but don’t remember which phone. 2012 I’m guessing a S plus something. I was a faithful IPhone user since iPhone 3 until Around 2017 and never had issues with hardware. I had a battery issue with a phone under the year warranty. Whatever phone was out in 2016-2017. They had me reinstall iOS a few times etc. Still had the phone dropping off from 40 percent to zero during a call in a few minutes. At that point I didn’t care about voiding warranty. I’d buy the battery myself but wanted a OEM battery. Of course, I couldn’t. So I switched. I’ve always owned iPads, which is why I got the 13. Own a iPad Air 4th, few months old with cellular. I’m hoping things have gotten better with warranty repairs. The best iPhone I owned was the 5s which was indestructible! That phone was amazing and it stuck with me.

Dec 26, 2021 7:54 PM in response to Buzzjr

The only phones I've had where you could get more rows on the home screen were the Touch ID Plus models where you could turn your phone sideways (landscape and get 5). With FaceID and the notch you could no longer have a landscape home screen hence four rows. I'm not sure how having one more makes much difference especially since I use folders and the App Library.

If you want to suggest to Apple they add this back go here -> Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Dec 26, 2021 8:07 PM in response to Buzzjr

No, I keep my computer screen very clean. My sister on the other hand fills the entire 27" screen. No 3rd party app in the App Store is going to do this for you and I wouldn't want to add a 5th icon in portrait mode as they would be too close together and easy to tap by mistake. But as I posted tell Apple.

Dec 26, 2021 8:30 PM in response to deggie

You could use two fingers on the bottom icons and still be accurate. So you would make icons larger on a computer monitor? 99 percent of the world would disagree. Folders forces you to seek and peck, then seek and peck again. Counter productive is all I’m says. Its Just odd imo for such a large screen. Thanks TheLittles!

Dec 26, 2021 10:31 PM in response to deggie

I did search for the answer to this in this forum but the web layout is not users friendly. It listed as pages with only 10 questions per page. Like it’s hiding questions and problems. Very difficult to use and search for information. Apple barely sells phones? Wonder why with that type of attitude. Sorry I asked a simple question since it’s been almost 4 years since I’ve owned a iPhone. I assumed they would make use of the screen and it was a setting somewhere I overlooked.

Dec 27, 2021 12:43 AM in response to Buzzjr

Nothing wrong with selling a phone that costs 1000 or 1500 dollars if it’s high Quility, build well and does what is advertised, and very well. Customer support pushed me away in 2018 not the hardware. One thing apple didn’t tell me this time around is in cinema mode, it only records in HD not 4k. I got this phone for the cinema mode to have a backup for our RED camera. Never read a book by its cover. “Apple don’t sell many iPhones. they sell dongles to make up for the lack of phones sold."

Four icons per row? iPhone 13 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.