Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock ipad 2

Good afternoon, Apple.

I have an old ipad 2, but its previous owner is no longer with us and his mail is blocked.

I want to unlock my ipad and assign it to my ID. I have a box and an ipad myself. Can I unblock it?

iPad 2 3G

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 8:43 PM

You have run into the Activation Lock. You will need the original owner’s Apple ID and Password to remove that Activation Lock.

Please see whether this website helps ➔ How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support for help regarding this.

Axel F.

3 replies

Dec 26, 2021 8:45 PM in response to Roman_Gimasteev

Roman_Gimasteev Said:

"Unlock iPad 2: Good afternoon, Apple. I have an old ipad 2, but its previous owner is no longer with us and his mail is blocked. I want to unlock my ipad and assign it to my ID. I have a box and an ipad myself. Can I unblock it?"

-------

No. The person currently signed needs to sign out of it. Elsewise, it is useless to you.

"no longer with us":

By your wording, is this a deceased family member's device? If so, then use this link: How to Request Access to a Deceased Family Member's Apple Account - Apple Support

Dec 26, 2021 10:40 PM in response to Roman_Gimasteev

Do you really want to jump through all of these hoops to resurrect an over 10-1/2-year old 2011 iPad 2nd generation that has been completely obsolete since 2018/2019?

Completely resetting this iPad will result in a nearly useless old iPad.

That over 5-1/2-year old, iOS 9 Safari Web browser is too old and unsecure to be trusted for use on today’s much more modern Internet.

Apple ended support for all 8-10-year old iOS devices nearly 5 years, ago, in 2016.

Third party app developers abandoned and stopped supporting these 8-10-year old iOS devices nearly 3 years, ago, in 2018.

There are, virtually, NO MORE third party apps available from the iOS App Store, any longer!

Third party compatible apps for such old devices are few and far between, now, nearing the end of 2021.

This includes apps for both iOS 9 AND iOS 10 devices!

AND, NO WAY to, initially, install any older, compatible, third party apps into this old iPad, any longer!

NO MORE SUPPORT! NO MORE APPS!

All 2011-2012 iPad 2, 3, 4 and 1st gen iPad Mini models are fully and completely unsupported AND obsolete!

Sorry, but this is the reality for ALL 8-10-year old AND OLDER iOS devices now. Especially now, at the very end of 2021!

In addition, the internal, rechargeable batteries in these old iPads are, also, running on borrowed time.

Not worth the costs to replace these old internal, rechargeable batteries in these old iPads, any longer, either.

I would NOT even bother with this very old iPad, today.

Sorry.

Unlock ipad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.