Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro Max Resistance to Scratching

Hello!

I just recently got my iPhone 13 Pro Max and am absolutely loving the nice look and feeling of the new device. However, since stores were closed, I couldn’t pick up a screen protector to put onto my screen and won’t be able too for the next few days. Is the iPhone 13 Pro Max’s resistance to scratched strong? I’m concerned because I don’t want to scratch my display after just a few days of use. I don’t usually put it near anything that could scratch it, but I see a lot of dust and hair falling onto the screen and I just concerned and wipe it off with a cloth or wet wipe.

Please let me know some things that I can do to maintain the display while I work on getting a screen protector. (I already have a case).

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 10:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 9:13 AM

Hello connermorris.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have some concerns about your display getting scratched or damaged. Even though your iPhone's display is durable, you should still be careful when handling and storing your iPhone. Doing so can help prevent unwanted scratches or potential damage. Purchasing a screen protector is a great step to add an additional layer of protection to your display. If you do attempt to clean it, be sure to follow the steps listed here:

Cleaning your iPhone - Apple Support

For issues with dust, check out this resource here: About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 9:13 AM in response to connermorris

Hello connermorris.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have some concerns about your display getting scratched or damaged. Even though your iPhone's display is durable, you should still be careful when handling and storing your iPhone. Doing so can help prevent unwanted scratches or potential damage. Purchasing a screen protector is a great step to add an additional layer of protection to your display. If you do attempt to clean it, be sure to follow the steps listed here:

Cleaning your iPhone - Apple Support

For issues with dust, check out this resource here: About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Cheers.

iPhone 13 Pro Max Resistance to Scratching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.