Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does macOS Catalina support Target Display Mode on (older) iMacs

I read the previous discussions and the official documentation about this topic and want to correct something to prevent others to become confused as well.

> Apple support says that the version in the iMac has to be High Sierra or earlier, "You can't use target display mode with later versions of macOS".

That is not true, because I have been using macOS Mojave on my 27" iMac (2014, I believe, but might be "late 2013"), while running TDM on it for over a year. Since today it runs Catalina (10.15.7) and still supports TDM. The "client' Mac is an MBP 16" (end of 2019) with a Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter.

BTW, the MBP was (and is) running Catalina too (not yet found a reason to upgrade to Monterey, since I didn't bow to Apple's 'ecosystem' ;) ).

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 7:41 AM

But my point is that the linked article *does* erroneously state:

While in fact Mojave and Catalina can be used just as well.

Similar questions

8 replies

Dec 29, 2021 2:26 PM in response to vovtz

The suggested approach was to alert the Author of the supposed erroneous information.

The suggested method and mean was supplied.

What the receiving of this suggestion does, it up the that user.

The Main Intent of the suggested was and is to provided meaningful and constructive guidance and platform by with the user can feel actually useful in getting a supposed Erroneous oversight corrected.

Dec 29, 2021 2:17 PM in response to PRP_53

Sorry P. Phillips, I'm unsure what you're suggesting. To create a product feedback entry?

BTW, before writing this (self-answering) question, meant to help others finding the correct/up-to-date info I had been unsuccessfully looking for myself, I added a remark/feedback to the erroneous page mentioned here. My main intent is to be constructive. (The opportunity to be 'proactive' has long passed, I'd say.) ;)

Does macOS Catalina support Target Display Mode on (older) iMacs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.