Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen went black

My screen went black as I was viewing a website and I am unable to turn the iMac back on. What do I do now?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 8:23 AM

Hold down the power button until the computer shuts down. Then try restarting by holding down the power button for about 15 seconds and see if it boots. If it will not boot then you have a hardware issue such as a failed power supply or possibly an issue at your home.

You can also try the steps in If your Mac doesn't turn on - Apple Support. If it simply will not start up the next step is taking the computer to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider. To begin finding one please click AASP Locator

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2021 8:23 AM in response to tye128

Hold down the power button until the computer shuts down. Then try restarting by holding down the power button for about 15 seconds and see if it boots. If it will not boot then you have a hardware issue such as a failed power supply or possibly an issue at your home.

You can also try the steps in If your Mac doesn't turn on - Apple Support. If it simply will not start up the next step is taking the computer to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider. To begin finding one please click AASP Locator

Good luck!

Screen went black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.