Related Article: How to use the Blood Oxygen app on Apple Watch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is it that the SPO2 and ECG won’t work in Botswana? I bought Apple Watch Series 7 for the two Apps only to be disappointed because I’m told they’re not available in my country, it’s so unfair.

Why is SPO2 and ECG not working or not available in other countries yet Apple pride itself that Apple Watch saves lives?

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 11:24 AM

Those apps need approval from your country's health system, so they have not been approved yet. As indicated in the sales information for the Apple Watch, not all features are available in all countries. It has always been that way. You can return the device for a full refund if purchased from Apple and it has been less than 14 days since purchase.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2021 11:24 AM in response to MogatweDisney

Those apps need approval from your country's health system, so they have not been approved yet. As indicated in the sales information for the Apple Watch, not all features are available in all countries. It has always been that way. You can return the device for a full refund if purchased from Apple and it has been less than 14 days since purchase.

Why is it that the SPO2 and ECG won’t work in Botswana? I bought Apple Watch Series 7 for the two Apps only to be disappointed because I’m told they’re not available in my country, it’s so unfair.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.