Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unlink 3 iPhones?!

Hello,

I have a iPhone for myself and 2 other iPhones ( 1 for each of my children.)

I’m unable to “unlink” the phones, this means all my contacts from my phone go onto the other 2 phones and when I try to edit or delete my contacts from ‘my card, on my phone, it simply duplicates onto my kids phones. This also apples to photos. Whenever one of my kids takes a picture, it automatically transfers onto the other phones. I have linked all the phones with the same Apple ID if this is relevant?

thank you in advance.

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 12:02 AM

2 replies

Dec 28, 2021 12:08 AM in response to Drdeath999

Yes that is the most relevant thing that you have posted. The reason that all 3 iPhones are behaving in the way that you have described is because all 3 iPhones are using the same Apple ID (Yours). When iPhones are used by different people, then each person should have his/her own Apple ID.

I understand the reason why you elected to use the same Apple ID for yourself and your children, however, there is a better method and that is to assign each child, his/her own Apple ID and create a family to setup ➔ Family Sharing.

Axel F.

How to unlink 3 iPhones?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.