Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stuck in boot loop (low storage)

Hello , yesterday I noticed my iPhone 12 Pro becoming very slow. I went to settings and saw I had only 200mb left. I tried deleting some videos, but they kept reappearing. Then, the spinning loading circle and my iPhone crashed. It then went into boot loop.

Hard resetting with volume/power buttons didn’t work.

I left it on the charger overnight and it turned back on, only to crash and go into boot loop again when I tried unlocking it. I left it overnight again and it is now back on.

What do I do? I cannot unlock it, since it will just go into boot loop again. Is there any way I can recover my phone, get it to unlock without having to restore it in iTunes?

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 2:35 AM

Please help! Can I back up to itunes without unlocking my phone? I don’t want to lose my data. I cannot unlock it because it will boot loop again.

4 replies

Dec 28, 2021 1:20 AM in response to bayek8749

bayek8749 wrote:

I tried deleting some videos, but they kept reappearing.

Probably you have synced these Photos from your Mac/PC though iTunes. Un-sync then they be gone.

Un-Sync photos to your device

1. Connect your device to your Mac.
  2. You can connect your device using a USB or USB-C cable or using a Wi-Fi connection. To turn on Wi-Fi syncing, see Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad over Wi-Fi.
  3. In the Finder  on your Mac, select the device in the Finder sidebar.
  4. Select Photos in the button bar.
  5. Note: When iCloud Photos is turned on, no photo syncing options appear when you select Photos in the button bar.
  6. Select “Sync Photos to your device from” tickbox, then choose Photos, Pictures or a folder from the pop-up menu.
  7. Uncheck Sync photos
  8. Click on Apply / Sync

iPhone stuck in boot loop (low storage)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.