Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot send and receive messages on my Ipad. I went through the steps to check everything is set up correctly in settings and it is

I cannot send and receive messages on my Ipad. I went through the steps to check everything is set up correctly in settings and it is

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 7:31 AM

Hi Brownlsandra,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. Messages is an important app. We're happy to assist If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. That was a great resource to start with.

To clarify, what happens when you try sending messages? Is the issue with iMessages, SMS/text messages, or both? If you've completed all of the troubleshooting steps in the article above and the issue persists, knowing those specifics will help work out next best steps.

Kind regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 7:31 AM in response to Brownlsandra

Hi Brownlsandra,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. Messages is an important app. We're happy to assist If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. That was a great resource to start with.

To clarify, what happens when you try sending messages? Is the issue with iMessages, SMS/text messages, or both? If you've completed all of the troubleshooting steps in the article above and the issue persists, knowing those specifics will help work out next best steps.

Kind regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.