Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone says account recovery in process available in 13 days

Phone says account recovery in process will be 13 days!!What can I do to get phone working

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 7:12 AM

2 replies

Jan 2, 2022 4:55 PM in response to Womble1976

I feel your pain and as for the “helpful suggestions” to read the corporate waffle available, sorry it isn’t that easy, I got the 13 day message as well, and Apple support were worse than useless. How can it be that my identity cannot be verified for 13 days?? Especially when the Apple support worker told me that if I had lost the password for my ICloud account it could have been reset immediately - what is the difference such that my identity could be satisfactorily ascertained for this purpose but it takes nigh on 2 weeks to “verify” my ID in this other situation? I was told that because the password in question was used for the purchasing function, my usage pattern data load etc was assessed (as in for me as an individual) and the 13 days was identified as the appropriate time - which again must be utter nonsense given the consistency of the 13 day messages on this forum. Also support utterly incapable of explaining what was taken into account to arrive at the magic 13 day figure. Finally to add further insult to insult, I checked this morning, that is 24 hours after my last “13 days” message to be told I still had 13 days to go? Utterly ridiculous. If anyone out there found a way to actually get out of this matrix (because it’s not like Apple provide any platform for elevating the complaint or accepting feedback!) I’d be glad to hear this.

Phone says account recovery in process available in 13 days

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.