Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted album photos still in import library -- easy fix?

I've been systematically cleaning up all my albums in Photos, deleting hundreds, even thousands, of trash photos. Only I've just realized today that while they are no longer in the albums, they're still in the import library. Is there some miraculous easy fix to find all the photos that are NOT in an album and delete them? Or do I need to re-do all the work I've already done, by going through the tens of thousands of photos languishing in the imports library and RE-FREAKING-DELETE them? Oh please help.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 7:59 AM

Hi

Smart album with the condition

Album - is not - any

will show all photos not in an album.

For future reference you need to first delet the photos that are in an album (by holding down the cmd key when deleting), and then delete the album. Just deleting an album does not delete the content of the album (because it is possible some of them might also be in a different album that you still need)

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 7:59 AM in response to Hailish24

Hi

Smart album with the condition

Album - is not - any

will show all photos not in an album.

For future reference you need to first delet the photos that are in an album (by holding down the cmd key when deleting), and then delete the album. Just deleting an album does not delete the content of the album (because it is possible some of them might also be in a different album that you still need)

Deleted album photos still in import library -- easy fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.